Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Girls Weekend Twelve

A tank full of gas. A wallet full of cash. A bellyful of Jamba Juice Pumpkin Smash. I am on my way to Girls Weekend number twelve! I have a goofy smile on my face and a light feeling in my heart. I cannot hear the call of the washer, dryer, vacuum, broom, mop, kitchen, husband or kids. I'm not saying I don't love them all, that I won't miss them (well maybe I won't miss the washer, dryer, vacuum, broom, mop or kitchen too much), but nothing makes me feel freer than these few days away from it all with my best friend, Kathi. We will eat funky food at funky restaurants, we will scrapbook, we will drink wine and talk into the wee hours of the morning. We will walk the streets of the unfamiliar place that was chosen for this Girls Weekend and see and do and absorb as much of its uniqueness as we can in the time we have. We will learn new things and reminisce about old ones. We will feel refreshed at the end of our time together and be better to the people we love as a result of it. I LOVE GIRLS WEEKEND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment